Friday, March 21, 2014

Baked Pangasius

As an Indonesian living in Netherland, I rely a lot on Chinese grocery store to get stuff that I won't usually find in regular Dutch stores. Mostly food - well, it is always food. A few days ago I went there and bought fish fillet for quite a cheap price. It was frozen and a kind of fish I've never heard before so it was kind of suspicious, but I went with it anyway. It is apparently called Pangasius, and this is what it looked like after I defrost it.























Because I did not know how to cook Pangasius, I decided to bake it in the oven. Here how it goes.

First, preheat you oven to 225 C. Wash the fish and dry it with paper towel (baked wet fish is NOT good) and put it on baking tray - after putting on baking paper, of course. Season it with salt, pepper, lemon and those Italian leaves.






















The one on the left is my failed attempt at splittit it in half. Damn those bones are hard.

Pop it in the oven, and bake it for 5 minutes. Turn it over to the other side and continue to bake for another 5 minutes, more if you want it drier. Here is what my fish looked like after it's cooked.
















































It is pretty good. Not as good as this though.
























But still good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment